Urban transformation is an ongoing process as systematic process of continuous adjustment and improvement of urban systems due to the changes in urban economic, social, landscape-ecological and also management systems (Yuanzhi, C. et al., 2019).
Semarang City has experienced excessive urbanization and has been changing rapidly in both physical and socio-economic terms, from a less urban area to a more urban area. The development of peri-urban areas, which is very massive and shows uncontrolled trends, has given rise to various urban problems. On the one hand, Semarang City, located in the coastal area, has its urban complexities caused by climate change.
The IJS 2023 provides opportunities for the participants to understand the urban transformation in areas that are experiencing rapid urbanization and, at the same time, various problems related to the environment, socio-economic, infrastructure, and others arise. Studying Semarang City’s current urban transformation is exciting to explore.
1. Development Planning Agency of Semarang City
2. Prof. Erwin van der Krabben – Radboud University
3. Prof. Sander Meijerink – Radboud University
4. Prof. Ir. Bakti Setiawan, M.A., Ph.D – Universitas Gadjah Mada
5. Prof. Dr.-Ing Wiwandari Handayani – Universitas Diponegoro
6. Dr. Ir. D. Ary D. Samsura – Radboud University
7. Dr. Sander Lenferink – Radboud University
8. Dr. Corrine Vitale – Radboud University
9. Dr. Tri Mulyani Sunarharum, ST, IPU – Universitas Gadjah Mada
10. Dr. Fadjar Hari Mardiansyah, ST, MT, MDP – Universitas Diponegoro
Joint Course Activities
IJC 2023 will be held on 8-17 May 2023 with offline and online method.
Workshop (Lectures and Discussion)
Focus Group Discussion (FGD)
Lectures (5 Sessions)
Individual Short Essay
IJC 2023 Schedule
Dr.-Ing. Santy Paulla Dewi
+62 812-2885-129 / email@example.com
Wido Prananing Tyas, Ph.D
+62 813-9160-3331 / firstname.lastname@example.org